CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What’s Cookin’ Wednesday: Homemade Twix (Teri)

I found this yummy recipe on one of our followers blogs and HAD to make it. Click here to go to that original post (and see how much prettier hers are).

Craft Pictures 092

Homemade Twix Bars

Crust:
2 1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
1 c. butter; room temp
Caramel:
1 c. butter
1 c. brown sugar
4 Tbsp. corn syrup
1 c. sweetened condensed milk
Crumble crust ingredients together. Pack into 13x9 inch pan that has been sprayed, lined with foil and sprayed again. Bake on 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Combine caramel ingredients in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly as it burns easily. Remove from heat. Stir with spoon slowly until it shows signs of thickening. Pour over crust and let cool a little.
Top layer:

Melt approximately 2 c. chocolate chips with 2 tbsp. shortening over low heat or in the microwave. Pour over caramel layer and spread carefully. (I didn’t have quite enough chocolate chips, so I just sprinkled them on the caramel and let them melt then spread them out with a spatula) Chill. Cut into bars.


6 comments:

Jocelyn said...

awe you are too sweet! aren't these the yummiest???

Remodelaholic said...

Um, I think my jeans are going to regret finding this recipe! Can't wait to try it!

Thanks for linking up!

The Single Nester said...

Yikes! My mouth is watering. I love Twix bars.

Ramsey said...

O wow, MUST try this! Twix are my FAVORITE candybars...ever!!! Thanks for sharing.
Happy Wednesday!
Ramsey

Taija said...

Those look INCREDIBLE! I will be trying this recipe for sure! Thanks for sharing!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

OM--I told the crafty sisters that I get hungry looking at their blog, this did not help either! Twix are my favorite candy bars. I will be making these this weekend--thanks!