CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 5, 2010

Feature Friday: A Book Review (Teri)

Percy Jackson 5C Prepack Percy Jackson 5C Prepack by Rick Riordan


My rating:
5 of 5 stars
For any of you out there who have pre-teen or teenage children (or for anyone who, like me, loves to read a really fun book), I would highly recommend this series. The first book Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Theif has been made into a movie that is currently in theaters. What started me reading these was taking my kids to see the movie. I enjoyed it so much, and my daughter already had the books and had read and loved them, so I picked up the first one and was instantly sucked into Percy Jackson's world of demigods and monsters. Okay, I'll admit, I AM easily entertained, as anyone who knows me will tell you. You have to take any recommendation from me with a grain of salt. I have had friends tell me that I like everything I read, and I do like ALMOST everything I read. There is a simple reason for that, I don't read genres that I know I don't like. I don't read horror, spy novels, murder mysteries, graphically sexual books, books with a lot of swearing (if I start one that has a lot of swearing, I don't finish it). I'm sure there are other genres out there that I don't read, but you get the idea. Call me a prude, closed minded, whatever you like, but I love that I lead a somewhat sheltered life, and I don't need my mind clouded with images and ideas that don't fit my morals. Whew! Who put that soap box there...I didn't mean to get on it. Anywho, I was saying, I LOVE these books. They are highly entertaining, imaginative, educational (at least for me, I know little to nothing about Greek mythology), clean, and just plain fun to read. I wouldn't hesistate to recommend them to anyone, because they are just good reading. They are not free of sadness and death, but they do encompass the ever constant battle of good and evil, in a way that is engaging and entertaining. I hope you will let me know if you read these books, as I would love to know what you think.

View all my reviews >>

Just a quick note to let you know, we will hopefully be posting a Tales of A Shared Womb next week, Micki had a funeral (her grandfather-in-law) to attend, so we weren't able to get anything up this week. Micki - tell your family my heart is with them, wish I could be there to support all of them (and you). Love ya!!!

No comments: