CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Guest Day Thursday: Fabulous Jane

We would like you all to give a warm welcome to our guest host today! Her name is Jane and she is FABULOUS!
She is hosting our 100th post!!!
Yes ladies and gentlemen....this is our 100th post!!!
Take it away Jane!




Hey guys, Jane here from Finding Fabulous! That's me above with kid 1 & 2 who are just the very center of my universe! Okay, I'm pretty fond of the white furry guy too! I'm so excited to be guest hosting over at 2 Sisters 2Gether, they are so fun...I just love all their fabulous crafty projects and yummy recipes too!

Well my blog Finding Fabulous pretty much describes itself. I'm all about finding fabulous design...on a budget, for less, without breakin' the bank! Yup, no need to spend a ton of money if your looking to spruce up your home. Here's a peek at some of my projects:



Here's my Wrought Iron moulding project above our bed! For this project I framed out the wrought iron wall hanging with simple trim moulding. And talk about thrifty...the iron piece was just $25 and the moulding under $10. And for under $40, I've got a big focal point with some much needed heighth and drama to an otherwise simple bed!




Did you know you can buy Wine Crates at Total Wine for about $5 each? Yup, just 5 bucks! I gave my crates an aged appearance by staining them. Super easy, super fun and aren't they fabulous for above hutches and armoires?


Do you need new picture frames? Do not, I repeat, do not go out and buy new ones! Go find some old ones (either from your attic or your local Thrift Store) and spray paint them. Here I used Rustoleum's Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint for the frame on the far right. I confess, I love ORB spray paint...this stuff rocks!



Here are a pair of antique chairs that have been in my husband's family for at least 100 years. They used to be covered in leather and were in bad shape. I recovered them in this fun fabric I found at Garden Ridge for just $5.99 for two yards.


Okay, I have a confession...I'm not real Crafty, but more of a roll up your sleeves Diy kinda gal. But every now and then I pull it off. Here's my twine wrapped wine bottle. I got this idea from the Thrifty Decor Chic, but used a large wine bottle as the base. This project was super easy, super fun and you can't get any thriftier than making home accessories with items from your recycling bin!



And finally here's my thrifty home office! Instead of going with a bulky, overpriced executive desk (those babies go for 2 thousand dollars or more!). I chose to use a dining room table instead from World Market! The price was right, I loved the clean lines, and the desktop work space was HUGE! Oh and those fabulous botanical prints were FREE! Yup, free from an on-line website called Vintage Printables!

Okay, so there you have it, Finding Fabulous in a nutshell! I hope you like my projects and feel inspired to go revamp something in your home! It doesn't take a lot of money, or even any talent, just a "think outside the box" mindset, and a little creativity!


Oh and be sure to check out my day Frugalicious Friday! This day's all about sharing your fabulous, thriftiest, most frugalicious home decor finds and design projects! And give us the scoop on how you $ave!
Thanks again to the 2 Sisters for allowing me to be a guest host today...you crafty girls rock!


Thanks so much Jane! We love her blog, always full of fun decor items that don't break the bank. We love to link up to Frugalicious Friday, it's so fun to see all the money saving items and projects out there!
Keep yours eyes peeled ladies and gentlemen.....we have a surprise planned to celebrate our 100th post!

1 comment:

Six divided by two..... said...

COngrats on your 100th post!!! You two are amazing ladies. I sent you an email...:)