CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 23, 2009

Mystery Monday: Thanksgiving Traditions and Micki's Fall Floral

Our Thanksgiving traditions include eating, eating and more eating. :) Our mom and mothers in law are great cooks. We love to spend the holidays with family, both of us are away from our parents right now, and so the holidays are extra special when we get to see them. For years on the day after Thanksgiving we decorated the Christmas tree with our dad. It's quite the hodge podge of ornaments, especially fisherman Santas, vintage elves and homemade ornaments by none other than yours truly (there's even a Grumpy dwarf ornament that we gave him one year when we were in college, because he had been grumpy a lot that year). Now when we get to go home Grandpa decorates the tree with the grandkids.



Now for the mystery......What are your Thanksgiving traditions?

I made this centerpiece last night at like 2 am. I work the night shift right now and can't sleep, so I craft. Here's the mess I made while making it and the finished product. :) I love it, and I had to have an owl because my sister did. I bought a Christmas ornament from Michaels that was an owl.





Micki Centerpiece stuff







Micki centerpiece 2



Micki centerpiece 1




Micki centerpiece 3




Micki centerpiece




Micki centerpiece with Harvest blocks





The DIY Show Off

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a pretty arrangement! You sound like me with the early morning inspiration!

blessings for a Happy THanksgiving!
mary

Its So Very Cheri said...

LOVELY arrangement. Have a great Thanksgiving
Your new follower
cheri